The Front Section 4 widget area in the Havana theme demo uses one Genesis – Featured Posts widget to display the most recent post in a slider.
Genesis – Featured Posts Widget
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Genesis – Featured Posts widget to this area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and change the settings as described below.
The settings that have been configured in the theme demo are as follows:
- Category: Select which category you’d like to feature. The demo features posts that are in all the categories.
- Number of Posts to Show: Enter the number of posts you’d like to display in this widget. The demo displays three (3) posts in this widget.
- Show Author Gravatar: Check the box to enable the display of the author gravatar in this widget. Set the size to Small.
- Show Featured Image. This option is disabled in the demo.
- Show Post Title: Check the box to display the featured post title.
- Show Post Info: Check the box to display the post info. By default, this includes the post date, author and comment link. The demo has customized this setting to show only the date of the post by using the following shortcode :[ post_date ] (without the spaces)
- Content Type: Choose whether to display the Excerpt, Content, a Content Limit or No Content. The demo uses Content Limit of 340 characters.
- Click Save to preserve your settings.