The demo data is included in the theme XML file, along with the theme package. You may use the demo data as “dummy” content for staging and configuration purpose only.
The XML file
To locate the XML file, you will need to unzip the theme zip file first. After unzipping, you see a folder labeled with the child theme name Scope. Open that folder and look for the XML folder. The xml file will be located inside this xml folder. The name of the file you need is theme-scope.xml.
Import the demo content
To import the demo content, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your site as administrator.
- Go to Tools > Import in the blog’s admin panel.
- Choose ‘WordPress’ from the list.
- Upload the .xml file using the form provided on that page.
- First, you will be asked to map the authors in this export file to a new or an existing user.
- Then, WordPress will import all posts, comments and categories included in this file into you site.